Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Journey Northbound, Homebound

This past weekend I went home to do a interview for one of my classes.
Blackwell, Oklahoma.
You just don't realize how well you are known till you leave your home town for a little while. 
I went to two separate bars around my place of growing up and was surprised. 
I sat down at the bar and ordered a beer. 
Of course the people around the bar would look at me as not a regular and a new face. 
For when I left my home town i didn't look like how i look now.
A drunk sitting at the bar looks at me and says, "You're not from around here are you?"
I said, "Well, I grew up here." He looked at me like he just discovered the city of Atlantis. And asked for my name.
I told him my name and he started naming off all my family members and what all they are doing now. Then the bartender knew my grandmother and asked how I was doing and what i am doing now.
It was kinda nice to just go home and have a reminder of where i come from. 
Always look ahead and the past is just a memory behind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment